Serial killer Robert Pickton is in an induced coma

You are browsing the Radio-Canada website

Go to main contentGo to footerNavigation help Start of main content

commentsAccess the comments section

>>>>

Open in full screen mode

Robert Pickton was violently attacked on Sunday at the Port-Cartier penitentiary, on the North Shore. (Archive photo)

Photo: Radio-Canada

Radio-Canada

Published yesterday at 3:42 p.m. UTC

The Sûreté du Québec says serial killer Robert Pickton, convicted in British Columbia, is in an artificial coma and on life support, four days after being attacked by an inmate in prison.

Robert Pickton is still in critical condition, confirmed Sûreté du Québec (SQ) spokesperson Hugues Beaulieu to Radio-Canada/CBC Thursday morning.

The victim was placed in an induced coma to see if his condition can be stabilizedadded Hugues Beaulieu. Doctors are expected to try to wake him up in a few days to reassess his condition at that time.

Hugues Beaulieu did not offer further comment on Robert Pickton’s injuries or the medical care he will receive.

This is not the responsibility of the police, he said. These are medical decisions over which I have no say; I therefore cannot comment on them.

Correctional Service Canada explained that Robert Pickton’s assailant has been identified and that appropriate measures were taken.

Hugues Beaulieu indicated Thursday that the S.Q. had not yet spoken to the 51-year-old man suspected of being responsible for the attack, but that the latter remained in solitary confinement.

Canadian Minister of Public Safety Dominic LeBlanc confirmed the opening of an investigation into the circumstances of the attack earlier this week.

With information from Holly Cabrera, Yvette Brend and The Canadian Press

Comments comments
>>>>>>>>

Newsletter HERE British Columbia

Once a day, receive the essential regional news.

-

-

PREV Legislative: “It’s a mess at LR”: fired by his peers, Éric Ciotti bunkers down at the party’s HQ in Paris
NEXT SENEGAL-WORLD-CONFLICT / A new call from the OIC for a ceasefire in Gaza – Senegalese Press Agency