EHPAD reform by Claude Sauveur Martini (book)

EHPAD reform by Claude Sauveur Martini (book)
EHPAD reform by Claude Sauveur Martini (book)

As is often the case, strong books come from personal experience. This is undoubtedly the case of EHPAD Reform: a new world by Claude Sauveur Martini, published at the end of November 2023 by Éditions du Panthéon.

It all began in 2006 when the author’s mother had to be placed under guardianship…. She then suffers from cognitive decline and the absence of the obligation to support her adult children. The day she has to enter a retirement home, the problems begin and the chaos begins!

This old lady then lives her last days, her last moments, abandoned by insufficient and desperate staff.

Claude Sauveur Martini struggled with this system, in which the inadequacy of authorities rubs shoulders with the commodification of vulnerability and old agewhat some call “ gray gold “.

Extract :

In France, the gray gold market is supported by Health Insurance, which provides 90% of the revenue of private establishments, the remaining 10% being provided by complementary insurance or patients. But Health Insurance fills the gaping holes in the face of poor medical diagnoses, where emergency services are busy billing the wanderings of non-productive work, mixed with chance actions.. »

In this essay, the author proposes (like many specialists elsewhere) to change perspective to that old age is seen more as an opportunity and not a challenge… Claude Sauveur Martini also details the main axes of a reform so that our elders can now be cared for with kindness and respect.

A much needed revolution when we know that almost a third (31%) of the French population will be over 60 in 2030 !

EPAHD reform: a new world (available on Amazon in Kindle or Paperback format)

-

-

PREV the secrets of “The Marseillaise in painting”
NEXT A Caravaggio painting that almost sold for 1,500 euros at auction on display in Madrid