Israeli war death toll rises to 36,050

Israeli war death toll rises to 36,050
Israeli war death toll rises to 36,050

AA / Istanbul / Iyad Nabolsi

The Palestinian Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip deplored this Monday an even heavier toll of victims of the Israeli war with “36,050 martyrs and 81,026 wounded” since October 7, 2023.

In its daily casualty report, the ministry said that “The Israeli occupation committed 7 massacres against families in the Gaza Strip, leaving 66 martyrs and 383 injured, transported to hospitals in the last 24 hours.”

The same Source reported that “the toll of Israeli aggression has reached 36,050 martyrs and 81,026 wounded since October 7.”

“Several victims are under the rubble and on the roads, ambulances and civil protection teams are unable to reach them,” the ministry said.

In addition to this toll of victims, most of whom are women and children, the war against Gaza has left around 10,000 people missing, against a backdrop of enormous destruction and famine which has already cost the lives of several children and elderly people.

In a special update of the toll of what was described as the “Rafah massacre”, which occurred Sunday evening, the ministry indicated this Monday that the number of victims had reached “45 martyrs, including 23 women, children and elderly people, and 249 injured.

The ministry communicated on Sunday evening a report of 35 Palestinians killed in Israeli bombings against Rafah, one of which targeted a displaced persons camp.

The ministry did not specify whether the 45 Palestinians were killed in the bombing of the displaced persons camp in the Tal al-Sultan area, northwest of Rafah only, or also in other strikes carried out Sunday against the city ​​by Israeli forces.

Israel had previously claimed that Tal al-Sultan was a safe area, the army had not issued any warnings to residents, nor requested the evacuation of displaced people. The bombing came two days after the International Court of Justice ruled that Israel’s ground offensive against Rafah should be halted immediately.

The “massacre” sparked strong regional and international criticism of Israel, accused of defying international legitimacy resolutions. Calls are beginning for sanctions and pressure on Israel to end the “genocide” and the current attack on Rafah, which began on May 6.

Israel is also ignoring the resolution adopted by the UN Security Council for an immediate ceasefire. For its part, the International Criminal Court should issue international arrest warrants against its Prime Minister Netanyahu and his Defense Minister Gallant, for their responsibility in “war crimes” and “crimes against humanity” perpetrated in Gaza.

For the 18th consecutive year, Israel has led a siege of the Gaza Strip, and the war, now in its 8th month, has forced around 2 million of its residents, out of a total population of around 2.3 million Palestinians. , to flee their homes in catastrophic conditions, in a context of serious shortage of food, water and medicine.

* Translated from Arabic by Mounir Bennour.

Only part of the dispatches, which the Anadolu Agency broadcasts to its subscribers via the Internal Broadcasting System (HAS), is broadcast on the AA website, in summary form. Please contact us to subscribe.

-

-

NEXT North Korean soldiers briefly cross the border with the South