Bloody attack on a van in France: 350 investigators on the trail of fugitives after the escape of “La Mouche”

Bloody attack on a van in France: 350 investigators on the trail of fugitives after the escape of “La Mouche”
Bloody attack on a van in France: 350 investigators on the trail of fugitives after the escape of “La Mouche”

Some 350 investigators are mobilized in France in the hunt for the commando who attacked a prison van with heavy weapons on Tuesday, killing two agents, and enabled the escape of a repeat offender, Interior Minister Gérald said on Thursday. Darmanin.

• Read also: The manhunt continues in France after the escape of “La Mouche” in the bloody attack on a prison van

• Read also: At least two correctional officers killed: vast manhunt to find dangerous gang leader in France

The attack, spectacular and extremely rare in France, was carried out late Tuesday morning by a commando who launched a ramming car against a van at the Incarville toll booth (north-west), before opening fire at the automatic weapon against its occupants.

The police are “progressing very well” in their investigation, assured the Minister of the Interior on the France 2 channel.

“We are tracking you,” Prime Minister Gabriel Attal also told the fugitives on Wednesday. “The investigation is progressing” and mobilizing “massive resources”, he assured.

The hunt is also being organized outside the borders, with a “red notice” issued Wednesday by Interpol at the request of the French authorities to locate the fugitive, Mohamed Amra.

The criminal record of this 30-year-old man has 13 entries. He had been detained since January 2022 at the Evreux remand center (north-west) serving several sentences, notably for extortion and armed violence.

According to a Source close to the case, he is also involved in drug trafficking, suspected of having ordered murders linked to this trafficking.

His last conviction dates back to May 7 “for a burglary” which earned him 18 months in prison. However, he was in pre-trial detention for other cases, including an indictment in a case of kidnapping and assassination by an organized gang.

Shocked by the murder of two of their colleagues, prison administration agents for their part called for the continuation of the movement to block establishments started the day before on Thursday.

“The movement is renewed, there will be a discussion between the national and local union authorities” to discuss the consequences of the movement, the UFAP-Justice regional secretary told AFP.

The union representatives, who were received on Wednesday in Paris by the Minister of Justice, welcomed the first measures.

“A certain number of commitments will be made quickly” by the ministry, in particular to improve the arming of agents during transfers, and to limit these transfers by developing judicial hearings by videoconference, declared Emmanuel Baudin, general secretary of the union FO Justice.

-

-

PREV Jean-Daniel Ruch: “Powerful people didn’t want me as Secretary of State” – rts.ch
NEXT Netanyahu and Hamas leaders in the crosshairs of the ICC: towards a new era for international justice?