Lot-et-Garonne: trial of a mother accused of the murder of her disabled daughters, untraceable since 2016

Lot-et-Garonne: trial of a mother accused of the murder of her disabled daughters, untraceable since 2016
Lot-et-Garonne: trial of a mother accused of the murder of her disabled daughters, untraceable since 2016

Her daughters have not been found since 2016. Naïma Bel Allam is on trial before the Lot-et-Garonne Assize Court, in Agen, Monday June 17, 2024, in connection with the disappearance of the two young girls aged 12 and 13. The mother appears for aggravated intentional homicide.

A “burnt” stain found in the family home

The two teenagers, born with malformations, have been missing since December 7, 2016 of the Specialized Institute of Education for Multiple Disabilities (Isep) of Tonneins, where they were welcomed for the day, reports AFP, relayed by The Parisian.

After five months, the Child and Family Directorate of the departmental council reported their disappearance. Naïma Bel Allam was then prosecuted for “abandonment of minors” and imprisoned in September 2017.

The investigation takes another turn when a “brownish” stain is discovered at the mother’s home in Nérac. His indictment therefore turned into “aggravated intentional homicide” in January 2018. His lawyer, Maître Sophie Grolleau, however, affirms that several DNA was found, in particular that of the former tenant, making these analyzes inconclusive.

Read also

Lina affair: the trail of the disappearance of an employee interests investigators

The mother maintains her innocence

Former accountant, Naïma Bel Allam was abandoned by her husband. Since the disappearance of her two daughters, whom she raised alone, she has had several versions which complicate the investigation. She was released in November 2021.

She explained that she had entrusted the two teenage girls to a couple at a motorway rest area in Spain, before investigators denied this story.

In February 2022, soldiers, gendarmes and divers searched a wooded area located not far from the family home for a week. In vain.

Since then, Naïma Bel Allam has proclaimed her innocence. “She has said from the start that she did not kill her daughters and that they are safe. She is deliberately covering her tracks, she wants to protect them from French institutions in which she has completely lost confidence,” says her lawyer. The verdict is expected on June 20, 2024.

The father of the two girls filed a civil suit. He had not seen his children for several years at the time of their disappearance.

Read also

Disappearance of Delphine Jubillar: why are new excavations being carried out in Tarn?

-

-

PREV Elon Musk’s support for Donald Trump: a “circumstantial strategy” and a “convergence of ideas”
NEXT To lower electricity prices, the next government will have to change the rules