Two children hospitalized after trash fire gutted building

Two children hospitalized after trash fire gutted building
Two children hospitalized after trash fire gutted building

A trash fire in Saint-Lys near Toulouse, in Haute-Garonne, took on worrying proportions by spreading to an apartment building. Firefighters quickly brought the flames under control, but two children were taken to hospital for emergency treatment.

A trash fire which quickly spread to a residential building near Toulouse, in Haute-Garonne, mobilized firefighters this Friday, May 10, 2024. Although the flames were quickly brought under control, the incident led to two children in hospital.

The Haute-Garonne department was alerted late in the afternoon for an open-air trash bin fire in Saint-Lys, near Toulouse. Unfortunately, the fire spread to a gas box and a neighboring building, requiring immediate intervention by the emergency services.

Firefighters quickly responded to the scene, mobilizing nine people to extinguish the flames which threatened to spread further. Fortunately, thanks to their rapid intervention, the fire was brought under control using a hose, thus preventing further spread.

While firefighters ventilated the building to eliminate the smoke, those present were taken care of. Unfortunately, two children, aged 3 and 4, had to be evacuated to hospital in relative emergency due to smoke inhalation. A 26-year-old woman was also treated at the scene.

In total, thirteen firefighters were mobilized during this intervention, once again highlighting the dedication and professionalism of the emergency services in the face of such emergency situations.


Illustrative photo

-

-

PREV LIVE – Pentecost pilgrimage between Paris and Chartres: thousands of pilgrims expected for mass in Notre-Dame Cathedral
NEXT International Museum Day is May 18: activities planned in Brussels