Breaking news

Health: Swissmedic authorizes new cancer drugs

Health: Swissmedic authorizes new cancer drugs
Health: Swissmedic authorizes new cancer drugs

The Swiss Institute for Therapeutic Products Swissmedic has authorized 41 medicines containing new active substances in 2023. With ten new authorized products, the field of oncology came first in terms of new marketing authorizations.

With ten new authorized products, the field of oncology came first in terms of new marketing authorizations. (illustrative image)

IMAGO/Pond5 Images

Four drugs have also been authorized in the field of hematology, Swissmedic said on Monday. Other authorizations have been granted in particular in the fields of infectious diseases and vaccines, diagnostics, endocrinology and metabolism, or rheumatology and immunology. The distribution of authorizations by area of ​​application is comparable to that of the previous year, Swissmedic said.

Of the 49 medicines containing new active substances examined in 2023, 84% were authorized. For the remaining 16%, authorization requests were withdrawn by the companies concerned, according to Swissmedic. Furthermore, 79 requests for extension of the use of medicines were examined by Swissmedic, of which 82% (65 requests) were approved.

hanke, ats

-

-

PREV do these natural sleeping pills really help you sleep better?
NEXT Warning against essential oil products for colds